10/13/14

risky bidniss

photo taken with my phone

today we took a risk in switching gyms and it was worth it. lola bean is happy and that's my number one priority. Too many times parents of athletes make decisions based on what they want and not the needs of the child. I see it all the time in gymnastics. Here's a funny statistic: 99% of mothers of daughters in gymnastics, were gymnasts themselves, which in my opinion just strengthens my theory that the psycho moms i meet on a daily basis are living their gym fantasies through their kids. harsh? Maybe.. but true. and sad. However, that being said, I roll with a small crew of gym moms who aren't psycho, you were gymnasts as kids, and who always put their daughters needs first. it's a solid thing to see.

And on a completely different note, I saw this quote (not too sure who it's from, if you do, please let me know so I can give credit) and I love it. 

"The question is what are you going to do with your time. What drives you. Greatness is a lot of small things done well. Day, after day. Workout after workout. Obedience after obedience. Day after day."

Dig it babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment